NEW! 2009 Tour Schedule
Availability Color Guide: Booking Now Limited Seating Sold Out
Non-Refundable 10-Day Tour Deposit: $600.00
Non-Refundable 6-Day Tour Deposit: $500.00
Special Tours Explained
- Tornado Workshop Tours:Hosted by Dr. Eric Flescher. Experience the thrill of hunting down tornadoes and storms while learning how the forces within our atmosphere combine to produce these furies of nature. Learn about forecasting techniques, doppler radar and what is and is not a tornado while going beyond the basics. Working towards more advanced topics such as thermodynamic charts, analyzing current meteorological conditions and strategies, you will gain a better understanding ofthe dynamic forces of nature, where and when tornadoes form and the breeding conditions that allow us to predict and intercept tornadic weather and phenomenon. Workshop 1 is a 6-day "Introduction to Convective Forecasting" Tour and Workshop 2 picks up where the introduction tour leaves off and continues on to more advanced topics such as thermodynamic charts (SKEW-T Charts) and also covers topics such as interception strategies.
- Sea Trout & Waterspout Tour: Based in Southern Florida, we'll charter a boat and hire a brave boat captain and hit the intercostal waterways with our Florida "fishspert" Tim Kosier in search of one of nature's most spectacular displays - waterspouts. Storms generally happen in the afternoon and evening hours and we plan on being in the boat as much as possible, so what will we do all day? Why, fishing of course! If you like to fish and love severe weather, or if you love to fish and like severe weather then this tour is for you! Anything is game - big gator sea trout, tarpon, perhaps a bull shark, but when the storms fire up the lines come in! Not your average run-of-the-mill fishing trip, and it's not your average storm chasing tour - it's probably the best time you'll ever have on the water! Please note the cost of these tours are higher due to the boat & captain charter required.
- Monsoon Madness Tour:Come with us on this 6-day adventure as we are witness to the most spectacular lightning displays, fury and breathtaking beauty of the Monsoon storms and the American Desert Southwest. Experience the desert flora, fauna and landscape to your heart's content as we explore the many forces of nature. A lightning photographer's dream.
- QuickFlight Hurricane Tours: You've seen it on television - some news reporter standing at a 45 degree angle to the ground while he fights the wind to stay standing and talks about how quickly the conditions are deteriorating - now you can experience it for yourself! Led by the same professionals that are hired by the media to keep them safe, this is a chase that will blow you away (pun is intended, of course). We call'em "QuickFlight Tours" because of the short-notice nature in accurately predicting a landfall area and time, will require you to quickly book a flight and meet us at the designated airport, often with less than 24-hours before the actual interception! You can't just signup for this tour though, you'll have to get your name on our QuickFlight List and be one of the first available and ready-to-go when a hurricane interception is being planned.
- Deposit For 10-Day Tours: $600.00 USD
- Deposit For 10-Day Tours: $500.00 USD
- Returning Tour Guest
- 10% Discount (Applies to single tours only).
- Multiple Tour Discount
- Signup for any 2 consecutive tours and get a 10% overall discount.
- Room-Sharing Discount
- $150 off for 6-day tours ($75 per-person).
- $250 off for 10-day tours ($125 per-person).
- Group Discounts
- Groups of 4 or more will receive $99.95 off per-person.
- ARRL Discounts
- Got your ham ticket? Member of ARRL? Show us and receive a 10% Discount.*
- Students Discounts (U.S. customers only)
- Students with valid Student ID receive a 10% Discount.*
- NOAA Employee Discounts
- NOAA full-time Employees receive a 10% Discount.*
- Police, Fire and Emergency Management Employee Appreciation Discounts
- Full-time employees of any U.S. city, state or federal law enforcement, fire or emergency management agency will receive a 10% Discount.*
* First Time Customers Only
We strongly recommend the additional purchasing of travel insurance before embarking on any vacation activity. What should happen if you feel ill just before your trip and didn't feel like traveling? Or, if you missed your connecting flight due to a flight delay? The additional purchase of travel insurance will cover your cost of any uncontrollable situation that might occur. Violent Skies Tours does not provide travel insurance, but we do recommend using Travelex for all your travel insurance needs, for more information please visit the Travelex Website.